Inospiner Screening is an online compound sharing platform
that simplifies and protects the transfer of compound libraries (not patented nor commercialized)
between Molecule Owners and Molecule Screeners for virtual screening thanks to a blockchain-based process.
Inospiner Screening is an online compound sharing platform
Why join the Inospiner platform?
New applications for your compounds
Most synthesized compounds remain on your lab shelves, unpublished and not patented. Upload them once on Inospiner, let virtual screeners identify new applications and get in-touch to collaborate.
Valorize your work
If a virtual HIT occurs, discuss directly with industrial or academic groups about contract research deals or novel intellectual property output such as Patents or Publications. Inospin’s team can also support you in the deal process.
Pay when you get paid
No upfront cost. Only pay a success fee in case of financial deals (acquisition, Contract Research, production, etc.) resulting from a screening via the platform.
Protect your work
Automated Material Transfer Agreements allow pain-free and transparent tracking and proof of who and when your structures are consulted.
Archive structures at any time if you find any new use.
New compounds, non-commercially available, 1-click away
Download structures of synthesized compounds from multiple organizations in 1 click.
Access new molecules
Untapped libraries of synthesized compounds (derivatives, intermediaries, etc.) that were IP depriorised by their owners.
MTA in 1 click
Search for Molecules of interest using partial SMILE, text or range filters, see how many matching structures and and request the export. In 1 click, MTAs are signed with all owners and you can download the structure via SD File.
Test structures in your in-silico environment
Standardised SD Files are available for download instantly upon validation of the MTAs.
You can use the structures for screening purpose and request samples from owners.
Why only Inospin can do it?
Leading partnering network
Strong expertise in compound sharing
Leading Edge on Blockchain and AI applications
Since 2013, over 100,000 interactions with Academic groups for Partnering purposes on behalf of hundreds of industry players
For years, Inospin has been collaborating with organizations such as Eli Lilly, Bayer, Merck Group, Sanofi, BASF, etc. to identify new compound libraries for screening purposes.
Being at the front end of innovation and IP, our teams acquired in-depth knowledge related to blockchain and machine learning applications.
Increase and fasten collaboration opportunities while cutting administrative constraints for TTOs, PIs and industry counterparts.
How it works
Review who signed contracts with you
Each time a Virtual Screener requests an export, their query is minted into an NFT, creating an unfalsifiable “picture” of which structures will be given access to and working as a partial key for the download authorisation.
Consult your Material Transfer Agreements at any time and who has downloaded your structures.
Collaborate with screeners following a virtual hit
Following a virtual screening, an organization may reach out to ask for a sample and discuss potential next steps. It usually includes various options and milestones such as: sample sharing, contract research, exclusivity, patent application or publication, etc.
Do not be afraid, Inospin‘s team can support you through the negotiation process until the deal completion.
Search for relevant compounds
and build custom libraries
Browse the database using raw text search and several range filters.
See how many structures per organization and proceed to request access.
Request access and automatically sign MTAs
By requesting access to the structures, you initiate the automatic MTA signature process.
In 1 click, you will sign a contract with each organization that has structures of interest.
The search will be minted as an NFT, working as a partial key for you to download the data.
Download your custom library via SD files and screen in your own environment
In a matter of seconds, contracts will be processed and you will be redirected to the download page.
The structures can be instantly used in your Virtual screening environment.
Note: Custom API access is available upon request.
Request samples from screeners following a virtual hit
In case of virtual HIT, you may request samples for further investigations.
Molecule providers are requested to have at least 10mg in stock or the capability to produce a new batch.
This would be subject to a new ad-hoc MTA with the organization.
For information purposes, it is usually expected to pay about $100 for 10 mg.
Trusted Blockchain Technology
and data storage
The Inospiner platform is based on one of the most popular Level1 blockchain, Algorand, launched in 2017, by Silvio Micali, professor at MIT. The Algorand blockchain was adopted by global organizations such as FIFA or The Bank of Italy. Algorand is also Carbon Negative since 2021. Learn more about Algorand
Compound structures are “private” by nature and are stored on private AWS servers to provide industry level security and compliant cloud technology.
Automated Universal Agreements
Time saving simplified process
1 contract fits all: Inospin’s legal team built a universal MTA focused on the sole purpose of using the compound structures for in-silico screening and combining key features from widely recognized organizations MTA templates such as AUTM, NIH, CNRS, ASTP, Oxford University, AstraZeneca, BASF, etc.
In only 1 click a molecule screener will sign contracts with each molecule provider that has structures of interest.
Success-based Business Model
no set-up fees
No fees to join, add or search structures until MTAs are signed.
Thanks to our standard agreements signed in 1 click, decrease your legal and administrative fees to 1 euro per MTA.
If there is collaboration between the molecule provider and screener, a 5% transaction fee will apply for each user.
Contact us to know more about the fee structures.
Currently the platform allows the import of Small Molecules via SD files or SMILES formula via Text files ((.txt) 1 SMILES per line).
It is planned to accept Large molecules (pdb files) during 2023.
- The platform operates custodial wallets so that if they are changed among your teams, you will never lose the private keys.
- Concretely, that means that users do not directly interact with blockchain thanks to a standard web 2.0 interface.
Specific for Molecule providers (PIs & TTOs)
- SD Files:
- Structure Data Files (.sdf) are text-based chemical file formats that describe molecules and chemical reactions. The file contains structural information and associated data items. Most Cheminformatics tools allow direct exports. You can import any SD File version on the Inospiner platform.
- Simplified Molecular Input Line Entry System (SMILES) is a chemical notation used to represent a chemical structure in a way that can be used by Cheminformatics tools. You can get SMILES formula for your molecules directly from the molecule editor program (ie: ChemDraw, Datawarrior, etc.)
Yes. We keep your original file in case of future updates of the platform (i.e new standardization methodology, new incremental data, etc.)
- If you found a new use for a molecule or out-licensed it, you can archive the molecule so that it does not appear in future searches.
- However, the structures can not be deleted if they have been included in an MTA. The contract link to the molecule must remain active to work as a proof.
If the size of your SD File may be too large. Consider splitting your file.
Blockchain logs and smart contracts (MTA) work as timestamps. Protecting you and the screener both ways.
- A smart contract is a contract accepted by all users. The screener is not allowed to exploit the data further than its intended use.
- The delimitation of the framework is set by contract and is equally binding as a standard Material Transfer Agreement.
Yes, providing that your organization accepts T&Cs for screeners. There could also be some costs involved. Please contact our team.
It is up to you to fix the value for your compounds, however, it is generally accepted to pay approximately 100€ for a 10mg sample.
- You can upload them in a batch based on relevant compound class and chemical or therapeutic use.
- During the upload, you will be asked to add relevant tags and help categorize your structures.
- You need to share the structures either via raw SMILE formula or SD files.
- SD Files can include multiple structures per file.
- SMILE formulas can be copy-pasted directly on the upload page, 1 line per structure.
- Some of the data (SMILE, Mol/weight, etc.) will be automatically recalculated and standardized for export in SDF v3000 format.
- SD Files can be annotated with additional data that you are comfortable sharing.
- Most cheminformatic tools (ChemDraw, DataWarrior, etc.) allow the export of compounds both as SD Files and SMILES
- You can find further information in our guidelines
Inospin’s team work directly with PIs and their Tech Transfer Offices to collect structures sleeping I.P. free on labs shelves.
Basically, the database in composed of structures that were synthesized but owners will not pursue patent applications or publications.
Specific for screeners
- Your account may not have accepted the T&C and MTA or you may run out of credit.
- Please contact our team.
As per the accepted terms, you can not without prior agreement with the Molecule provider.
- No. You receive the structure only. This provides you with the freedom to explore the structure in any virtual assay, but most importantly it makes it easier to collect the raw structures.
- However, if a PI uploaded an SD file with annotations, you will also get those annotations at export.
We ask all molecule providers to upload only non-patented nor commercialized molecules at the time of the upload. Inospin can not provide a warranty regarding reliability.
Specific FAQ Legal teams
- The MTA can not be changed.
- Suggestions are welcome and will be considered based on recurrence.
- In case of future modifications, users will be invited to accept its newer version prior to being able to use the platform again.
The MTA is concluded directly between users while the platform solely processes it.
The applicable court-of-law is always the one indicated by the Molecule Providers. In many countries, such as Germany or the US, academic institutions can not sign contracts with foreign court-of-laws.
- Organizations can terminate access to all their members at any time.
- All shared compounds can be archived at anytime
- It is recommended to keep the organization’s master account active in order to maintain the contracts and links toward the contracts.
If one of your molecules qualifies as a Virtual HIT following a screening, there is no predefined collaborative framework.
For instance, if the potential partner is a Company you may agree on licensing milestones such as:
- Exclusive licensing rights
- Patent application success fees
- Patent approval success fees
- 1st commercial sale of a product containing the molecule bonus
You can also ask our team to help find the best deal based on our experience. Indeed we can provide you with MTA templates or business cases.